Sunday, December 28, 2008

There's no place like home...

There is definitely no place like home...

Tedra and I left Jacksonville, Florida last night, Saturday, at 7pm Jacksonville time, and arrive in Baytown at 8:00am Baytown time! That was by far the longest trip in history! The trip there didn't seem so long because we were not in a hurry to get there. we just took out time. Not that we were in a hurry to get back home, it's just we were ready to be home! So, on our trip we had a few issues. But let me preface this by saying that Tedra is no longer allowed to watch "Cold Case" before we leave for another trip! Having said that, on the way there of course she would not let me go take Gynger to the "pottie" without her. Which all in all is a great plan, because there are a lot of crazy people in this world! So every time we stopped I had to take Gynger out with her watching and had to wait for her to pump gas before I could go in the store for myself. Like I said, it's a great plan, however, I didn't stick to plan so well on the trip home... :( !! We got to one Exxon, just on the Texas side of Mississippi, and we go inside, separate of course, because I had lost my focus. I headed immediately to the restroom, having been sleeping for the majority of the trip I was in a hurry to get to the restroom. She starts the pump and is going to come in and just let it pump, but the attendant won't let her do that because it is unsafe, which is true, so she has to go back out there and stand by the pumps until it is full. Meanwhile, I am already done in the bathroom. A couple walks in the store, we both made the assumption that it was a boyfriend-girlfriend type couple, which seemed to maybe be drunk, considering it was 4:30am. She, the girlfriend, is getting her some coffee, and he heads to the restroom. But the problem is, he goes into the women's restroom, where Tedra is. Which freaks Tedra out, because she is in the women's restroom with a GUY that obviously does not know he is in the women's restroom. Needless to say, when Tedra comes out her eyes are huge and she is hurrying out the door to the car, but she stops and looks back at the girlfriend and proceeds to tell her that for some strange reason her boyfriend is in the women's restroom, which I found a little strange considering these people were complete strangers, but then again, funny because the boyfriend will probably be so embarrassed when she tells him. The funniest part of the whole story is when Tedra tells me that after she realizes that there is a guy in the women's restroom with her, she tries to hurry out and in the process sees that the guy is in the stall next to her with the door wide open, and doesn't realize any of this! That was the most interesting part of our trip home. We did encounter a Chatty Chatterson on the way there in Pensacola and saw lots of interesting people as well, but that definitely was the interesting part!
I am just happy to be home and safe and sound, being able to sleep in my own bed tonight! And with that being said, I am off to do that very thing... it is time to veg out and read myself to sleep!
Once again.... There's no place like home...

I did find an awesome quote on my Kindle last night, that I felt I just had to share...

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: